Prior to the sale of the Snake Well Gold Project, Kalamazoo reviewed the base metal potential (Figures 4 and 5) especially in the transition and fresh (sulphide) zones and also at the nearby VHMS* Base Metal Prospect “Conquistador” (Figure 3).
The occurence of significant base metals at A-Zone, particularly in the transition and fresh rock has the potential to value-add to the project.
As part of the metallurgical sampling for the oxide portion of the A-Zone in 2017, various base metals were also sampled. The levels of copper, zinc, lead and silver gave rise to an additional assay program to gauge the levels of base metals in the A-Zone oxide and primary (sulphide) zones.
Re-assay program in oxide, transition and fresh rock zones indicated very significant levels of copper, lead, zinc and silver.
With base metal assays of up to 5.76% Copper, up to 7.07% Zinc, 1.88% Lead and up to 247 g/t Silver. Refer to ASX: KZR 23 June 23 2017.
Results received for the re-assayed pulps include:
- 15 metres of 2.85 g/t Au, 0.25% Cu, 0.33% Pb, 1.23% Zn and 17.7 g/t Ag from 59 metres in hole MJAZRC010;
- including; 2 metres of 8.68g/t Au, 0.66% Cu, 0.70% Pb, 4.12% Zn and 45.5 g/t Ag from 59 metres
- 9 metres of 4.35g/t Au, 0.61% Cu, 0.22% Pb, 0.09% Zn and 26.2 g/t Ag from 40 metres in hole MJAZRC009;
- including; 1 metre of 6.67 g/t Au, 2.57% Cu, 0.30% Pb, 0.07% Zn and 153 g/t Ag, from 45 metres
- 1.1 metres of 0.44 g/t Au, 5.76% Cu, 0.18% Pb, 0.20%Zn and 48.5 g/tAg from 47.7 metres in hole MJAZDD001; and
- 1 metre of 6.19 g/t Au, 0.20% Cu, 0.66% Pb, 7.07% Zn and 16.6 g/t Ag from 57 metres in hole MJAZRC024;
Base metal zones are spatially associated with the gold mineralised lodes and may form a halo of a few metres around the gold lodes.
Kalamazoo is very encouraged by these results and the potential VHMS* association and is a key reason why it has retained a 2.5% Net Smelter Royalty on any base metals mined by third parties from the project area into the future.
* Volcanic Hosted Massive Sulphide Deposits and these represent a significant source of the world’s copper, zinc, lead, gold and silver ores.